How to apply for the Wells Fargo Autograph Credit Card: The perks of the Wells Fargo AutographSM Card are famous enough for a card with no annual fee. When you spend $1,000 in the first three months, you get a nice welcome gift of 20,000 extra points. The card also gives you 3 points for every dollar you spend at restaurants, gas stores, public transportation, famous streaming services, and phone plans. Plus, get one point for every dollar you spend on other items.
Here’s what qualifies for each of the elevated rewards categories:
- Dining: Eating places and restaurants, drinking places, fast food restaurants and caterers
- Travel: Airline, hotel/motel, timeshare, or vehicle/auto rental, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites and campgrounds
- Transit: Passenger railway, taxis, limousines, ferries, toll bridges and highways, parking lots and garages
- Gas: Gas station purchases include automated fuel dispensers and electric vehicle charging stations
- Select Streaming Services: Cable and other pay television, digital goods, books, movie, music and continuity/subscription services
- Phone Plans: Landline and cellphone providers under telecommunication services.
The Wells Fargo AutographSM Card has a lot of extra perks for a card with no yearly fee. When you pay your cell phone bill with the card, you get $600 in cell phone insurance, but you have to pay $25 first. As a Visa Signature card, it also comes with a wide range of travel protections and insurances, such as accident coverage for rental cars, roadside assistance dispatch, and travel and emergency assistance and guidance services.
The APR on purchases made with the Autograph card is 0% for the first year after the account is opened. After the introductory time is over, purchases and debt transfers have an APR that can be 19.99%, 24.99%, or 29.99%. The card has a fee for transferring a sum of at least $5 and up to 5%. This starting APR time is a nice perk, but it can’t compare to the best 0% APR cards on the market.
How to apply for the Wells Fargo Autograph Credit Card
The Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card earns 3 points per dollar at restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services and phone plans. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar on other purchases. It also includes a welcome bonus of 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
Rewards earned with the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card may be redeemed through Wells Fargo Rewards for travel, gift cards, as a statement credit or at select online stores. You can also redeem your earnings as a credit toward an eligible Wells Fargo loan (like a mortgage or personal loan).
To determine the rewards potential of the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card we consider what an average household might spend on a credit card each year. Forbes Advisor uses data from various government agencies to determine baseline income and spending averages across various categories. Our estimated 70th percentile household brings in $116,000 annually and we base spending on that number.
Forbes Advisor estimates that the household has $36,177 in expenses that can be reasonably charged to a credit card. Of this, we estimate $3,856 is spent on restaurants and dining, $6,044 is spent on travel, $2,479 on transit and gas, $732 on streaming, $1,583 on phone plans and $21,483 on all other credit card purchases. With $14,694 in annual spending in the 3-points-per-dollar spending categories, this sample household could expect to earn 44,082 points. Add to this an additional 21,483 points earned at 1 point per dollar and the family earns 65,565 total points per year.
0% Introductory Rates
The Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card offers a 0% introductory APR on purchases for 12 months from account opening. A variable APR of 19.99%, 24.99%, or 29.99% applies for purchases after the intro period ends and for balance transfers. The card has a balance transfer fee of up to 5%; minimum $5.
Quick Facts About Well Fargo Credit Card
- $0 annual fee
- Welcome offer of 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn 3 points per dollar at restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services and phone plans. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar on other purchases.
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 12 months from account opening. A variable APR of 19.99%, 24.99%, or 29.99% applies for purchases after the intro period ends and for balance transfers. The card has a balance transfer fee of up to 5%; minimum $5
- Get $600 in cellphone protection ($25 deductible) when paying your phone bill with the card
- Visa Signature benefits include secondary auto rental insurance coverage, roadside dispatch, travel and emergency assistance and Visa Signature Luxury Hotel collection benefits.